Williamson Family Zone

Welcome friends and family. We have now officially entered the twenty-first century. Hope you all enjoy catching up with our busy family online. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Wisconsin

this first question is tough! I am a wife and mother of four kids whom you will probably tire of hearing about in the following posts. But that won't stop me!! My best friend and I follow God and live life try to walk our journey with joy, peace and lots of laughing! This is a blog about my family for my family (and friends too)

Saturday, December 16, 2006

A new Christmas Tradition for 2006

The other day I was Christmas shopping in Eau Claire. I walked into the large bookstore they have there in search of a book series my son has asked for. I haven't been in this store before so I tried to peer over shelves looking for a sign that would point me to the children's section. Of course, it was placed in the back corner of the store. I walked through the shelves that formed almost a welcoming gate to the land of Children's fiction.
In front of me was a table set with Christmas stories for the young and my eye was drawn to one book in particular. I cannot explain the excitement I felt. It was a book from my childhood. A favorite. A long lost friend! (yes, books are my friends) I picked it up and thumbed through it making sure that they hadn't changed anything about it.
I am sure I was grinning from ear to ear as I walked on trying to find Brock's books.
I couldn't find them.
But it really didn't matter at that point. Clasped in my hands was the book from a distant memory and I had not seen it in years. I wanted it so much, that I hadn't even looked at the price. Have you ever done that? Found something so perfect that it really didn't matter what the cost would be, because you wanted it so badly?
Turns out it was less than ten dollars.
I took it home and much to my amusement my two older girls remember the book as one I had read to them when they were very little. In our many moves, it must have been misplaced because the younger two don't remember it. (that would put it around the Brampton to Minneapolis move)
Well, this year, we will have a new tradition. Everyone will be seated with hot chocolate and cookies in hand as we read our new Christmas book.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shainerz said...

That is exciting! Can't say I've ever heard of the book, but maybe you'll read it to me while I'm there? haha. Glad you got it for cheap, too!
Love you
13.

16 December, 2006 07:37  
Blogger Red said...

What a wonderful find! I didn't know you lived in Minneapolis. Great new tradition.

17 December, 2006 14:45  
Blogger JC said...

Ok- I LOVE traditions that involve books. I'm so sad becuase my box of children's christmas books are in "long term" storage and Lauren is finally old enough for some of them. What books did Brock ask for?

17 December, 2006 15:13  
Blogger mrswillyof4 said...

they are called the
Bluford Series. He picked them up at the school library and he's enjoying them. They didn't have them in stock though.

17 December, 2006 20:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home