Williamson Family Zone

Welcome friends and family. We have now officially entered the twenty-first century. Hope you all enjoy catching up with our busy family online. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Wisconsin

this first question is tough! I am a wife and mother of four kids whom you will probably tire of hearing about in the following posts. But that won't stop me!! My best friend and I follow God and live life try to walk our journey with joy, peace and lots of laughing! This is a blog about my family for my family (and friends too)

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I guess they are hens.

A couple of months ago our family was invited to dinner at the home of a couple from our church. The wife was a little apprehensive about hosting all six of us because her place is pretty small. As soon as we arrived, that evening we went for a walk out to the corral to see their two horses. We walked through a barn area and I noticed some beautiful looking chickens sitting on a ledge in a coop. I made mention to the woman how pretty they were, for chickens. She told me how disappointed she was because she had bought them in hopes they were hens and would provide eggs for her, but after having them a few months, they had yet to lay one egg!
Much to the kid's amusement and I think, embarrassment; Randy immediately started to pray over the coop for the chickens. The kids started giggling to themselves and making their way out of the barn.
We went inside and had the most wonderful meal of homemade stew I have ever tasted. I think Brock ate six bowls full that night. It was an enjoyable time and gave me a taste of this new community of people we have been brought to serve.
Last Sunday, was my birthday and I received a unique gift. I would have to say it's a first.
A dozen eggs.
All different shades of brown.
provided by the hens Randy prayed for.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jilb said...

That's awesome!

13 December, 2006 05:52  
Blogger JC said...

Very Cool!!
Has he started praying over the church nursery yet?

13 December, 2006 09:19  
Blogger Shainerz said...

HAHA to JC's comment! Because that is totally like him. :) That's hilarious, yet awesome about him praying for the hens. I must say that is a great birthday present!

13 December, 2006 11:33  
Blogger Beckie said...

that is a great story

13 December, 2006 13:47  
Blogger Red said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

13 December, 2006 16:15  
Blogger Red said...

Good story. I am going to be honest and say that if I was in that coop, I would have done the exact same thing and prayed.
After seeing the part about the stew, Brock might reach six foot faster than the blink of an eye. :)
Have a great rest of the week Sue and family.

13 December, 2006 16:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those will be some of the most nutritous eggs you will have eaten in a very long time - organic AND blessed!
BeckyR.

14 December, 2006 10:54  
Blogger Maria said...

How awesome is that our big God would honour such a request. Indeed that is a gift you wont forget!! Really hightens my faith to be reminded that God does indeed care for even the small things.

17 December, 2006 18:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home