Williamson Family Zone

Welcome friends and family. We have now officially entered the twenty-first century. Hope you all enjoy catching up with our busy family online. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Wisconsin

this first question is tough! I am a wife and mother of four kids whom you will probably tire of hearing about in the following posts. But that won't stop me!! My best friend and I follow God and live life try to walk our journey with joy, peace and lots of laughing! This is a blog about my family for my family (and friends too)

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Where's my breakfast??

For many years now it has been a family tradition that we have this delicious egg casserole on Christmas morning. I serve it with fresh fruit usually and some sweet rolls of some sort. But the casserole is always the center of the meal. The kids decided to wake us especially early this year because they wanted time to open gifts before we headed off to church.
Brock came charging through our bedroom door at five o'clock. WOW! early. We told him to give us another hour but after about ten minutes, realized we couldn't get back to sleep. I got up, eyes half open and went out onto the back deck of the house to retrieve the breakfast. My fridge was so full I used the outdoors for my extra items. It's cold out but not too cold that things would freeze which is just perfect for sodas, casseroles and the like. Well low and behold I can't find the 9x13 glass pan. I thought maybe it had been moved from the table it was placed on. I searched high and low. Finally, there on the deck floor was the stray dish. Empty!!! Clean!!! I thought I had imagined putting the ingredients together the day before. Tracks in the new fallen snow revealed our culprit. A Saint Bernard! Nanny ate our tradition clean away. Not a morsel left. Not even the plastic wrap.
I baked homemade almond coffee cakes instead.
The kids tore through their gifts in record time and we prepared ourselves for church. Everyone was thrilled with their gifts.
Despite what some might think it was very refreshing to go to church today and seemed the most appropriate thing to do!!
Hope all of you had a wonderful day too. Tomorrow I will wake early and take a road trip down to Minneapolis with the birthday girl. I will post more about that trip when I return. Maybe one day I will write a children's book about a giant, loveable, hungry Saint Bernard named Nanny.
Merry Christmas one and all!


The children in their new jammies on Christmas Eve!

5 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

lol- that's way funny!
I totally agree with you about church on Christmas. At first it was a bit challenging- but after I had it somewhat worked in my mind, I really liked the idea. Lauren saw the priority was Jesus and not presents- plus it was so great worshiping on Christmas day in a packed house. It made my day.
Merry Christmas!

25 December, 2005 16:03  
Blogger Red said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS WILLIAMSON FAMILY!!
Funny morning you all had. Too bad about the casserole. Good thing that food didn't have chocolate in it. Good thing there's snow and cold weather out, snow banks are always there to keep things cold. What's on Brittany's pajamas? Are they monkeys? I like the photo of all the kids.
I have to say, Jessie does look like you, Sue.
Hope you and Brit have a great trip for her birthday. Drive safely.

-Brooke

25 December, 2005 17:30  
Blogger Shainerz said...

When your husband was telling about that in church I was just assuming that the kids ate most of it before he could get any- didn't think about the dog! hahaha. Sorry about that, but it is kind of funny. Hope the holiday's goin good!! Have SO much fun tomorrow!!! As always, make memories!

25 December, 2005 19:21  
Blogger Beckie said...

great pics, happy birthday brittany!

29 December, 2005 11:49  
Blogger Red said...

Next Christmas, you should post pictures from when the kids were little and it was your first year in Hibbing. Then put the recent Christmas photo in. Unless if they don't want you to.

03 March, 2006 22:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home