Williamson Family Zone

Welcome friends and family. We have now officially entered the twenty-first century. Hope you all enjoy catching up with our busy family online. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Wisconsin

this first question is tough! I am a wife and mother of four kids whom you will probably tire of hearing about in the following posts. But that won't stop me!! My best friend and I follow God and live life try to walk our journey with joy, peace and lots of laughing! This is a blog about my family for my family (and friends too)

Friday, December 30, 2005

O Christmas Tree...

I was thinking that I would take the Christmas tree down once the kids head back to school but my plans were changed. Yesterday while I was working our tree tipped over. At that point we had two choices...try to secure this thing back up into a vertical position or just call it "game over"! The decision really wasn't that hard. The tree was quickly disrobed of it's finery and carried out the door by the man. It left it's mark all over my carpet and couches which makes me question whether I will ever choose a real tree again.
I have been so busy this week running to the High School every day to sell tickets for the Hoops club at the Girls' Holiday Tourney. Britt has had to cheer. Our Bluejacket ladies took it to Chisholm last night and will play in the Championship today at 5:15 pm. I however have to be there at 2:30 to sell tickets.
Tomorrow, I plan on taking the kids to Duluth to spend some of their Christmas money. The older the kids get the more people resort to cash as a gift for Christmas. They love it...the problem is finding time to take them to spend it!
The tree is gone, only the broken cookies are left in the tin, the fridge has been cleaned out, the Christmas CD's are put back on the shelf...the snow is falling outside my window. My favorite part of winter is over.

7 Comments:

Blogger Shainerz said...

We take so long to prepare for Christmas, then it flys by so quickly! But, it's worth it. sorry about the tree marks! fake trees all the way! :P

30 December, 2005 08:45  
Blogger Red said...

That stinks about the tree. I have been finding that true for the past several years that as I get older, money is the most popular gift. Gift cards too!

30 December, 2005 09:48  
Blogger FLGSATELLITE said...

Ah...the dreaded carpet stains! Perhaps brown is a good color choice in carpet if one continues to use the real mc-coy! I remember one year Grearld , myself, and the kids went hiking by the river to get our tree. Swamp Spruce. Anyway , the neighbors dog , who is always with us fell through the ice. Gerald proceeded to save the hound and he fell through knee deep. Travis was 2 and by this time needed to be carried home. Ugh!!! Yep , we do the fake thing too. No mess , no needles , and no stains! Not only that , but you can leave the lights on all year as it's packed away!
2006 ~ Can you believe it? I saw a letter jacket the other day with a 10 on it! Made me feel ... ah never mind :)

31 December, 2005 04:43  
Blogger JC said...

I miss the days of real trees. I'm thankful for our artificial tree though. Hopefully next year if we have a house, we'll be able to have a real tree. Nothing beats the smell of the pine in the house.
(of course down here in corn country you'll pay an arm & a leg for a real tree)

31 December, 2005 08:43  
Blogger Red said...

Happy New Year Williamson Family.

01 January, 2006 18:35  
Blogger The Smelker Seven said...

Our tree will go down tomorrow - and I am kind of looking forward to having the space back again - but I miss the tree when it's not there.

01 January, 2006 20:02  
Blogger Jason said...

Yeah we took our tree down yesterday too. Time flys so quickly its hard to believe that christmas is over, now before we know it summer will be here, nice post.

02 January, 2006 10:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home